Installing Mango Automation on a Mac is easy.
- Install homebrew:
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"
- Use Homebrew to install Adopt OpenJDK 11:
brew tap adoptopenjdk/openjdk brew install adoptopenjdk11
Please read the following instructions very carefully! This script will allow you to automate the installation of Mango on your Mac.
Download the script
curl -o install-mango.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MangoAutomation/ma-core-public/main/Core/bin/install-mango.sh
Create "mango" user
Before we can run the installation script, if you would like mango running on a user account other than your own you have to set up the user account that mango will run on. Enter the following command into your terminal:
sudo sysadminctl -addUser mango -UID 145 -fullName 'mango'
Note: If you are just testing out mango on MacOS, we suggest you use your own profile as it will simplify the process a bit.
Run mango installation script
Now that you have created the mango user, you can run the installation script by entering the following command into your terminal:
sudo sh install-mango.sh
The script will prompt you to enter details about where to install Mango, which version of Mango to install etc. Hit enter and accept the default option shown inside the square brackets [default]. Yes/no answers must be written as ‘yes’ or ‘no’, ‘y’ or ‘n’ are not sufficient.
Once the script is complete you can start using Mango!
- Start Mango services by running the following command in the terminal:
sudo -u mango /opt/mango/bin/start-mango.sh
- Stop Mango services:
sudo -u mango /opt/mango/bin/stop-mango.sh
- Check that mango services are running:
- Once mango has started, you can log into the dashboard by opening your browser and going to
- The default username and password are both "admin".
Common Startup issues:
- JDK not installed
- Something else occupying the port Mango is starting on. By default, Mango uses port 8080. You can modify this by placing a new env.properties file into the /overrides/properties directory. Detailed instructions can be found here